The Max-Viz 1500 is a Dual Optical Field of View Enhanced Vision System with patented image software. Designed by pilots for improved situational awareness in all phases of rotary and fixed wing flight, the Max-Viz 1500 sets the standard for Enhanced Vision Systems for aviation. It is the choice for turbine rotorcraft, fixed wing turboprop and jet market segments.
Max-Viz 1500 offers not only the best sensitivity and image clarity, but also pilot-friendly features that enhance the system’s performance in all phases of flight.
The pilot selectable dual field of view allows pilots to select wide angle or telephoto views of the world. The wide angle gives maximum peripheral visibility during ground operations and the zoom provides early runway acquisition and detection of incursions during takeoff, approach and landing. The Max-Viz 1500 also provides automatic gain control and dynamic range management and provides a simple upgrade path solution for aircraft outfitted with previous generation products.
Max-Viz supplies infrared EVS for a broad range of aircraft applications, from single and multi-engine aircraft, turbine helicopters, high performance turboprop, light and corporate jets and airline transport aircraft. The Max-Viz 1500 is the leading edge EVS system backed by thousands of hours of proven flight reliability on every popular civil fixed and rotary wing turbine aircraft in operation today.
Max-Viz 1500 Specifications
- Lightweight, solid state, uncooled thermal imaging camera with advanced patented image-processing software
- Same form factor as previous generation
- Field of View: Pilot selectable Dual Field of View – 53° wide x 40° vertical or 30° wide x 22.5° vertical with optical zoom - no loss in resolution
- Highest Exportable Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels under Department of Commerce
- Dimensions: Camera: 2.8″ (71mm) diameter x 6.8″ (172 mm) length Power Module: 3.75″ (95mm) width x 5.0′ (127mm) height x 2.25″ (57.2mm) depth
- Weight Camera: 2.5 Lbs (1.13kg) Power Module: 2.65 Lbs (1.20kg)
- Power Electronics: 10 watts typical; 15 watts peak at 28VDC Environmental: 50 watts average; 125 watts maximum with heaters on
- Environmentally Qualified to DO-160E
- Qualifications: Fully EMI/RFI and power conditioned
- Reliability: Greater than 10,000 MTBF